Saturday, October 10, 2009

Want a Cookie?


Hi! Are you looking for your new best friend? Well, you've come to the right place, because so am I. My name is Cookie, and I bet we would get along great.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am a female black-and-white shorthair, and I'm about 4 years old. I came to Maxfund a little over 2 years ago as a stray. I don't remember much about my life before Maxfund, but I think I must have met a lot of nice people, because I just love people! You wouldn't have known it, though, if you ever came to meet me at the shelter. Living with all those cats and all the commotion was very stressful for me, and it made me really upset. I would act out my fear by swiping and hissing at the nice people I would normally love to meet. I guess some cats are just not cut out for shelter life, and I'm one of them!

Luckily, my life changed a few weeks ago when I went to my very own foster home! No more cages for me. Now I'm the most relaxed cat you've ever seen. Once I was able to let my guard down, I could show everyone my true personality: a sweet, loving, purring, cuddling, playful, HAPPY cat.

I am young and energetic, and I love to play. Toy mice are my favorite - if you toss one across the room, I'll go tearing after it. Sometimes I pick them up and carry them around proudly, just to show you what a good hunter I am. A lot of times I will just play by myself, too. I like to entertain people with my kitten-like antics.

I'm very curious and love to explore. When I first got here, I figured out how to open cabinets. I guess you could say I'm a smart Cookie! Well, I stopped going into the cabinets after a while - I mean, how many times can you look at the same pots and pans - but I still get excited anytime someone opens a door, just waiting to check out what's behind it.

It may sound like I'm active all the time, but guess what - I love to relax and cuddle with you, too. I will even snuggle up with perfect strangers. At first, I wasn't quite sure what to do with laps. I hadn't sat in a lap in quite a long time. So I started out by curling up on the sofa next to people's legs. That seemed to go well, and I progressed to putting a paw or chin on their leg while I slept. Then one day, I discovered the joy of sitting in a person's lap when they are at the computer. So many buttons to play with! Arms to lay across while they are trying to type! Now, I confess, I am a little bit addicted to this lap thing.

I also love being petted, and I have such incredibly soft, silky fur that you will want to pet me forever. I tolerate brushing pretty well, though I don't need it too frequently since I'm a shorthair. I've also gotten used to being picked up and carried around. I think I would make a great family cat, since I love all kinds of people and am pretty laid-back.

Well, that's enough about me for now. Keep reading my blog in the coming weeks for more details about me. If you think you'd like to meet me, please contact my foster mom, Andrea, at purrfectcompanion@gmail.com. I can't wait to find my new family and hope it will be you!

~Cookie

No comments: